When it comes to outdoor cooking, having the right equipment can make all the difference. A bushcraft pan is an essential tool for any outdoor enthusiast who wants to cook over an open fire. These pans are designed to be durable, lightweight, and versatile, making them a must-have for any camping or hiking trip.
When choosing the best bushcraft pan, there are a few critical things to consider. First, you’ll want to think about the material. Cast iron is a popular choice for bushcraft pans because it’s durable and can withstand high temperatures. However, it can be heavy to carry around. Stainless steel is another option that’s lightweight and easy to clean, but it may not be as durable as cast iron.
Size is another important factor to consider. You’ll want a pan that’s large enough to cook a meal for your group, but not so large that it’s cumbersome to carry. Finally, you’ll want to look for a pan that’s easy to clean and maintain, as you’ll likely be using it in rugged outdoor environments.
We spent hours researching and testing various bushcraft pans to identify the best options for outdoor enthusiasts. In the following sections, we’ll share our top picks and provide a detailed overview of their features and benefits.
Best Bushcraft Pans
When it comes to bushcraft cooking, having a reliable and durable pan is essential. A good bushcraft pan should be lightweight, easy to clean, and able to withstand high temperatures. In this article, we’ve rounded up the best bushcraft pans on the market that meet these criteria and more. Whether you’re a seasoned bushcrafter or just starting out, these pans will help you cook up delicious meals in the great outdoors.
If you’re looking for a lightweight and compact frying pan for your next bushcraft adventure, the Bush Craft Bonfire Frying Pan is definitely worth considering.
- Lightweight and compact design makes it easy to carry on your next adventure
- Made of iron for maximum ease of use and optimal heat conduction
- Comes with a fashionable case with a clasp, antiqued screw, and hemp bag with ribbon, making it a great gift idea
- Handle insertion diameter may be too small for some users
- Some users may find the frying pan to be too small for their needs
- Not dishwasher safe
This frying pan is perfect for those who want to travel light and cook their meals over a bonfire. The iron construction ensures that it’s easy to use and heats up quickly, while the compact design makes it easy to pack and carry.
The Bush Craft Bonfire Frying Pan is also a great gift idea for anyone who loves bushcraft or camping. The fashionable case and unique design make it a great conversation starter and a practical addition to any camping kit.
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality and lightweight frying pan for your next bushcraft adventure, the Bush Craft Bonfire Frying Pan is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for a durable and portable frying pan for your outdoor cooking needs, the Bush Craft Bonfire Frying Pan, Deep is definitely worth considering.
- The thickness of the steel plate has been increased for better heat conduction and cooking performance.
- Comes with a fashionable case with a clasp, antiqued screw and hemp bag with ribbon, making it a great gift idea.
- Designed to expand the range of recipes despite being portable.
- Finding the right live tree to adjust the size with a knife can be challenging for some users.
- The handle may not be as comfortable as some users would like.
- Not suitable for use with non-stick coatings.
This frying pan is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who want to cook delicious meals over an open fire. The increased thickness of the steel plate ensures optimal heat conduction, resulting in evenly cooked food. Plus, the fashionable case with a clasp, antiqued screw, and hemp bag with ribbon make it a great gift idea for your fellow outdoor enthusiasts.
The only downside to this product is that finding the right live tree to adjust the size with a knife may be a challenge for some users. Additionally, the handle may not be as comfortable as some users would like, but this is a minor issue that can be easily overlooked.
Overall, the Bush Craft Bonfire Frying Pan, Deep is a great investment for anyone who loves to cook outdoors. It’s durable, portable, and designed to expand the range of recipes you can cook while camping or hiking.
If you’re looking for a durable and portable bushcraft pan that’s perfect for camping and outdoor cooking, the Keleday Cast Iron Skillet is a great option.
- The 100% natural vegetable oil coating ensures a healthy and natural cooking experience.
- The foldable wooden handle makes it easy to store and transport.
- The pre-seasoned cast iron material ensures even heat distribution and long-lasting durability.
- The pan is relatively small at 8.2 inches, so it may not be suitable for larger meals.
- The wood handle may be prone to cracking or warping over time.
- The pan is not dishwasher safe and requires hand washing and immediate drying to prevent rust.
The Keleday Cast Iron Skillet is a great addition to any bushcraft or camping setup. The natural coating ensures a healthy and delicious cooking experience, while the foldable wooden handle makes it easy to store and transport. The pre-seasoned cast iron material ensures even heat distribution and long-lasting durability, making this pan a great investment for any outdoor cooking enthusiast.
One thing to keep in mind is that the pan is relatively small at 8.2 inches, so it may not be suitable for larger meals. Additionally, the wood handle may be prone to cracking or warping over time, so it’s important to take proper care of the pan to ensure its longevity. Finally, the pan is not dishwasher safe and requires hand washing and immediate drying to prevent rust.
Overall, if you’re looking for a durable and portable bushcraft pan that’s perfect for camping and outdoor cooking, the Keleday Cast Iron Skillet is an excellent choice.
If you’re looking for a reliable and versatile bushcraft pan, the Firebox Locking Bail Handle Camping Pot, Billy Can Bushcraft Kit is a great option.
- The kit includes a genuine Zebra Loop Handle Pot, an inner pan, and two Firebox Spring Tempered Stainless Steel Two Function Handle Clips, making it a complete and versatile set.
- The locking bail handle allows you to manually lock the handle in the upright position to keep it out of the campfire heat and for easy pouring. The stainless steel clips also serve to keep the lid in place when the handle is in the upright position for stowing provisions inside or to allow horizontal baking.
- The lid fits both the pot and the inner pan, and it will also work both upside down and right side up, allowing you to stack the parts in different configurations and combinations.
- The pot wasn’t made to be used as an oven, so you should bake at your own risk. Use food or rocks as a heat sink or frequently rotate to avoid overheating.
- The pouring lip rolled onto the top rim is not very user-friendly.
- The clips don’t secure the lid, and they can be a bit annoying to remove.
This bushcraft pan is perfect for one person, and it’s small enough to hike with. It’s great for any solo camping trip, and it’s versatile enough to handle a variety of cooking needs. The kit includes everything you need to get started, and the locking bail handle and stainless steel clips make it easy to use and transport. Overall, the Firebox Locking Bail Handle Camping Pot, Billy Can Bushcraft Kit is a great investment for any outdoor enthusiast.
If you’re looking for a durable, easy-to-clean, and compact frying pan for your camping or fishing trips, the Fire-Maple Antarcti 8″ Frying Pan is a great option.
- Made from food grade 304 stainless steel, this skillet is safe to use.
- With a compact folding handle, this frypan measures only 8.6 in x 8.4 in x 2.3 inches, making it easy to take with you on the go.
- Heavy-gauge allows for cooking over open fires and features an aluminum welded heat-spreading bottom, this pan heats up fast.
- Price was a little high, but it is lighter than my Stanley pan of the same size.
- Not yet sure exactly how easy it will be to clean but have awarded 4 stars in anticipation.
- Handle is sturdy, but the pan is a little weighty.
This frying pan is made from high-quality materials and is built to last, making it a great investment for anyone who loves to cook outdoors. The folding handle makes it easy to store and transport, while the heavy-gauge construction allows for cooking over open fires. The aluminum welded heat-spreading bottom heats up quickly, which is great for fast cooking.
One potential downside is that the price is a little high compared to some other options on the market. However, the lighter weight and durability of the pan make it worth the investment. Some users have also noted that they have not yet tested how easy it will be to clean the pan, but they are optimistic based on the high-quality materials used.
Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable and durable frying pan for your outdoor adventures, the Fire-Maple Antarcti 8″ Frying Pan is definitely worth considering.
AIROKA Aluminum Alloy Non-Stick Medium Frying Pan with Folding Handle for Outdoor Camping Picnic Hiking
If you’re looking for a lightweight and portable frying pan for your outdoor adventures, the AIROKA Aluminum Alloy Non-Stick Medium Frying Pan with Folding Handle is a great option.
- Portable and easy to carry with a mesh bag
- Folding handle for easy packing and scald prevention
- Non-stick surface for easy cooking and cleaning
- May not be as durable as heavier pans
- Not completely non-stick, may require some oil
- Some reports of dents upon arrival
This frying pan is made of aluminum alloy, which makes it lightweight and easy to carry in a backpack or camping gear. The non-stick surface makes cooking and cleaning a breeze, and the folding handle makes it easy to pack and store. The included mesh bag helps protect the pan from wear and tear during transport.
One downside to this pan is that it may not be as durable as heavier pans, and some users have reported dents upon arrival. Additionally, while the surface is non-stick, it may require some oil to prevent sticking.
Overall, the AIROKA Aluminum Alloy Non-Stick Medium Frying Pan with Folding Handle is a great option for those looking for a lightweight and portable frying pan for their outdoor adventures.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly bushcraft pan that can handle basic cooking needs, the Coleman Non-Stick Fry Pan is worth considering.
- Versatile for camping and outdoor cooking
- Non-stick surface makes for easy cleaning
- Compact and lightweight for easy packing
- Non-stick coating may not be durable over time
- Handle may not be sturdy enough for heavier loads
- Not the most heat-resistant option on the market
This pan is a decent choice for those who need a simple, no-frills option for cooking outdoors. The non-stick surface makes for easy cleaning, and the compact size and lightweight design make it easy to pack in a camping or backpacking setup. However, the non-stick coating may not hold up over time, and the handle may not be sturdy enough for heavier loads or rough handling. Additionally, the pan may not be the most heat-resistant option on the market, so it’s important to use caution when cooking over an open flame.
Overall, the Coleman Non-Stick Fry Pan is a budget-friendly option for those who need a basic bushcraft pan for camping or outdoor cooking. While it may not be the most durable or heat-resistant option on the market, it gets the job done and is easy to pack and use on the go.
Branded Boards Portable Bushcraft Stainless BBQ Cooking Grill Grate, Bamboo Cutting Board, Burlap Bag, Mini Knife, Fire Starter Kits. Camping, Campfires, Backpacking, Hunting & Fishing Gear Two Small Grills + Bag
If you’re looking for a compact, lightweight, and durable bushcraft pan, the Branded Boards Portable Bushcraft Stainless BBQ Cooking Grill Grate is a great option.
- The two small grills are made of food-grade 304 stainless steel, which is strong and lightweight.
- The included burlap hemp carrying bag is made from natural and sustainable material.
- The grills are versatile and can be used for outdoor camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, travel, and RVs.
- The grills may not be suitable for heavy-duty cooking.
- The gauge of the metal could be a bit thicker.
- The cutting board is small and may not be very useful.
The Branded Boards Portable Bushcraft Stainless BBQ Cooking Grill Grate is a great tool for cooking food quickly and easily while on your outdoor adventures. The grills are compact, lightweight, and strong, making them perfect for bushcraft backpacking, hiking, and campfire cooking. The burlap hemp carrying bag is a nice touch and adds to the overall sustainability of the product.
One thing to keep in mind is that the grills may not be suitable for heavy-duty cooking, as the metal gauge is not very thick. Additionally, the cutting board is small and may not be very useful for larger food items.
Overall, if you’re looking for a compact and versatile bushcraft pan, the Branded Boards Portable Bushcraft Stainless BBQ Cooking Grill Grate is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for a reliable bushcraft pan bag to keep your cookware secure and organized, the Campcraft Outdoors Skillet Bag is a great choice.
- Ideal for Cookware or Flatware Storage
- Drawstring with Cord Lock
- Fits an 8″ Plate or skillet
- Only fits smaller cookware
- Not waterproof
- Limited color options
This handcrafted bag is made with waxed canvas and features a paracord drawstring with a cord lock to keep your cookware secure. It’s the perfect size to fit an 8-inch plate or skillet and is ideal for storing cookware or flatware. The bag is well-made and durable, so you can be confident that it will last for years to come.
One potential downside is that this bag only fits smaller cookware, so if you have larger pots and pans, you may need to look for a larger bag. Additionally, while the waxed canvas is water-resistant, it’s not completely waterproof, so you’ll need to be careful when using it in wet conditions. Finally, the bag only comes in a limited number of color options, so if you’re looking for something more colorful, you may need to look elsewhere.
Overall, the Campcraft Outdoors Skillet Bag is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable and well-made bushcraft pan bag. It’s perfect for storing cookware or flatware and is ideal for anyone who loves to camp or spend time in the great outdoors.
BeGrit Backpacking Camping Cookware Mini Picnic Camping Cooking Mess Kit with Pot and Pan Set for Hiking 8pcs
If you’re looking for an affordable and compact cookware set for camping or hiking, the BeGrit Backpacking Camping Cookware Mini Picnic Camping Cooking Mess Kit is a great choice.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Durable 410 stainless steel material
- Multipurpose 8-in-1 set
- Some users reported rust formation
- Small size may not be suitable for larger groups
- Quality control issues reported by some users
This cookware set is designed to be lightweight and easy to carry, making it a great choice for backpacking or other outdoor activities. The folding handle design and compact size make it easy to pack and take with you on the go.
Made from 410 stainless steel, this cookware set is built to last and is easy to clean. It includes two pots, one frying pan, one plate, two reel edge plates, and two cups, making it a versatile and multipurpose set that can be used for cooking heartily, stir-frying, boiling, or frying.
Overall, the BeGrit Backpacking Camping Cookware Mini Picnic Camping Cooking Mess Kit is a cost-effective choice that offers great value for the price. It’s perfect for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnics, outdoor adventures, and other outdoor activities. Plus, it makes a great gift for friends or family who love the outdoors.
When purchasing a bushcraft pan, there are several factors to consider to ensure that you get the best product for your needs. Here are some of the most important features to look for:
The material of the pan is one of the most important factors to consider. The most common materials used for bushcraft pans are cast iron, stainless steel, and aluminum. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Cast iron is durable and provides even heat distribution, but it is heavy and requires seasoning. Stainless steel is lightweight and easy to clean, but it does not provide the same heat distribution as cast iron. Aluminum is also lightweight and provides good heat distribution, but it is not as durable as cast iron or stainless steel.
The size of the pan is also an important consideration. The size you choose will depend on your needs and the number of people you will be cooking for. A smaller pan is more portable, but it may not be large enough to cook for a group. A larger pan is more versatile, but it may be too heavy to carry on a long hike.
The shape of the pan can also affect its performance. A flat bottomed pan is best for cooking on a stove or fire, while a curved bottomed pan is better for cooking over an open flame. A pan with high sides is good for cooking stews and soups, while a shallow pan is better for frying and sautéing.
The handle of the pan is also an important consideration. Look for a handle that is sturdy and comfortable to hold. A long handle is good for cooking over a fire, while a short handle is better for cooking on a stove.
Some bushcraft pans come with accessories such as lids, spatulas, and carrying cases. Consider what accessories you need and choose a pan that comes with the accessories you want.
In summary, when choosing a bushcraft pan, consider the material, size, shape, handle, and accessories. By taking these factors into account, you can find a pan that is perfect for your needs.
Martin Smith is not just your average outdoorsman; he is a dedicated explorer with a deep passion for survival and bushcraft. The natural world has always been his favorite playground, which led him to develop a profound understanding and love for bushcraft skills. His curiosity is insatiable, constantly driving him to uncover the secrets of the great outdoors and unravel the mystery behind survival in nature.
Martin is the creator and host of the popular YouTube channel, 'Bushcraft Explorer,' where he shares his experiences and teaches essential survival techniques. But he isn't just a content creator; Martin is a survival expert who has spent countless hours under the open sky, perfecting his bushcraft skills.
From constructing shelters and crafting tools to identifying edible plants and purifying water, Martin has honed his survival skills in the most challenging environments. His dedication to mastering bushcraft has shaped him into an authority in this field, making him more than qualified to share his knowledge with others.
But Martin doesn't just talk the talk; he walks the walk. He spends a considerable portion of his life outdoors, continuously expanding his knowledge base and skill set, all to feed his love for the wild and provide his followers with up-to-date, reliable, and practical survival tips. He is also an avid hiker and explorer, often traveling to remote locations to test his skills against nature’s challenges.
Martin's writing, much like his videos, is brimming with practical advice and insightful tips. Through 'Bushcraft Explorer,' he not only shares his profound expertise but also inspires his readers and viewers to embrace the beauty of the outdoors and the thrill of survival. His commitment to making bushcraft accessible to all is evident in his easily digestible content, making his work valuable for both beginners and experienced outdoorspeople alike.